With winter now in full swing the roads are wetter, slippery and conditions are less than predictable that’s why having your car brakes inspected should be at the top of your maintenance priority list.
It’s recommended that your brakes are inspected at least once a year to ensure safe driving and maintaining your vehicle. Knowing the below key warning signs that your brakes may need servicing will help keep you and other motorists safe on the roads during this winter season.
- Noise: your vehicle is making a screeching, grinding or clicking noise when applying the brakes.
- Pulling: your vehicle pulls to one side when applying the brake
- Low Brake Pedal: the brake pedal nearly touching the floor before engaging
- Hard Pressure: need to apply extreme pressure to the brake pedal before brakes engage
- Low Pressure: your vehicles brakes grab at the slightest amount of pressure applied to the brake pedal
- Vibration: the brake pedal vibrates or pulses, even under normal braking conditions
- Brake Light On Dashboard: your vehicles brake light is illuminated on the dashboard
Brakes are a normal wear and tear item on any vehicle and after time will inevitably need to be replaced. The time in between replacing your braking components for your vehicle will depend on several factors like driving habits, driving conditions, vehicle type and quality of brake pad lining material.
If your vehicle has any of the above warning signs here at Sommer Car Care, we can help! Simply call us on 3833 9600 or click here to book your next vehicle service today performed by our highly skilled and trained technicians.